Thursday, 17 September 2009

Your Tank and You

Today I decided to test out the new Faction Change-feature. I had a spare priest hanging out hordeside, where nobody played much anymore - a friend of mine runs uld10 twice a week and would like another healer to help out. Lowkey, nice guys, no fuss. Just what I'm after, in other words!
Faction Change, by the way, was suprisingly painless and a very fast transition. Took me about one hour to transfer my blood elf priestess into a pretty night elf - and I even have better hair now. You know, the important things in life...

Anyway - so there I am, new on this server, half-way new to most of these people, and they invite me to a 5-man TotC. "Sure, that sounds fun!". No grid, I still lack half my keybindings, but cmon - we fourmanned this place weeks ago on my old server!

1,5 wipes later I was forced to reconsider my views. The jousting went fairly easy except I forgot I had new keybindings and screwed up like a noob - and didn't at all play like a girl with 2,5 crusader-titles under her belt. Then came the boss-fight itself. Ow. The tank was just...pummeled down. And the rogue threw himself fist-first into the face of our DK-dps, who was similarly pummeled down. I was thrown. Completely.

We did get through it all. I lost the DK-dps on the Black Knight fight again, a second before we killed him, and yes, I was embarassed by that, thank you. But...it's TotC. It's a HEROIC. I can DO these things, I've done them for years. What WAS that about?

I mean, alright. The DK tank was the third alt of a rogue in the guild. He had about 29k hp.

And I had never ever played with the guy before - ever.

I'm a pretty firm believer in the bond between players. I might be able to keep your really good tank up, of course. I might be able to keep your really badly geared just-dinged-80 up too.
But if my roomie tanks for me, he very seldom dies. The same goes for a few of those online-friends that I've played a significant amount of time with. There's just something....I know their reactions, they know mine and we all know each others limits as players. Gear and class suddenly doesn't matter that much when I play with these guys.

No comments: