Alright, that might be a bit harsh. I still love the whole service, it goes smoothly and all is happy.
Except names.
See, I was originally named Thaleia, and I wanted to keep that name. When factionchanging and serverchanging I made sure the name was free, and in the character re-creation screen (VERY fun part, I might add!) I write in "Thaleia" in the naming-part, thinking that's where I'm supposed to do it.
Apparently, that's not the case.
Press "create". Make squealy noises and bounce in chair. Try to log in. "This character is flagged for a re-name."
"Oh, okay!" I go. And write in Thaleia again. "This name is already taken/This name is unavailable."
"Durr...." I go. I try again. And again. I might have restared the game as well, just to check. I mean, the name WAS free just a second ago, and nobody protested me writing it in on the re-creation screen, right?
Finally, I give in, name myself Thalestris, and log on. The world is fine, everything is as it should be when it comes to reputation and money and everything. Log back out, create new character....and my original name is free.
"..."
Time to ticket a GM.
"Hello, blablabla faction change blablabla namechange blablabla is this a bug and if so can I be renamed without having to buy that service blablabla am named thalestris WOULD want Thaleia blablabla"
Later I log back on and find a reply which says "We are writing to notify that we are unable to change the name of your character Thaleia to any of the names which you requested, as none of these are available."
"..."
I check. Yes, I'm still named Thalestris, not Thaleia. I log out and check name availability by trying to make a character. Yes, Thaleia is still a free name on this server.
So either something very strange is going on, or I had a GM with a severe case of "been awake 58 hours, can't read straight, wheeee". I've now submitted a new ticket explaining this odd turn of events, and specified what my current name is and what I would want it to be.
(And yes, I'm 110% sure that I deleted the chars with the name so THEY didn't actually take up the slot.)
Matt’s Notebook: Midnight Falls Over!
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment