Thursday, 10 September 2009

Young, Busy and Talented Priest Looking for Someone to Share Instances with.

Or maybe something similar. Either way, that is currently the biggest topic for me these days. I'm inbetween guilds, sort of, after spending a few months here, a year there. Most of my guilds over the years since WoW was released have disbanded due to ending up in a neverending spiral of "not enough members for raids - recruit more - lose old members while waiting for the new guys - recruit more - looe even more people". (Not-so-fondly named the "shit-spiral" a while back.)

For a while, this was fine. I do have other hobbies and responsibilities, and it's fun to just level a bit, or focus on pvp. I had a brief stint trying on a horde-raiding guild, but we didn't really fit very well and parted ways. I wasn't thrilled with the way they organized their healers, nor their lack of appreciation of disc, or trust in that I knew what I was talking about. I assume they didn't really want a disc-priest that much (Based on their general behaviour. I might be wrong.), at least not an uppity one who wasn't willing to spend 85% of the raid going holy. So now I'm back to where I was at the start of summer; my beloved guild decided to quit raiding after several key members fell away.

Anyway, I'm here to talk about what I want right now:
Ideally, I'd like my old guild back, but hopefully with less drama. Being a realist (Somewhat, at least) I know this isn't happening - a lot of people quit the game, rerolled or changed servers, and most of us were never that good friends to begin with.

So I'll settle for a stable 10-man running ulduar/toc a couple of times a week, focusing on hardmodes and achievements when we got the bosses down the first time around. No dicking about trying to raise a 25-man guild and thus lose focus of everything and ending up in the shit-spiral again. No bitching about whiping on bosses. No bitching about bosses being too easy when we haven't even stuck our noses near one on hardmode. Everyone all flasked, with foodbuffs up and done with the evening's responsibilities so we wont get interrupted by a tank having to eat dinner. No excuses with "I do enough dps, I don't need flasks." or "I didn't know I could buy a shoulder-enchant." Just...raiding. Downing bosses and having a good time on VT while doing it.

Is this really too much to ask?

No comments: