Wednesday, 28 October 2009

The One-Armed Priest

So my left arm is halfway out of comission. I'm not entirely sure what it is - RSI/RIS/whatever it's called, or an inflammation in the tendon(s?) in the arm (are those the same thing, perhaps?) or what. I just know it hurts when I press buttons on my keyboard, and thus I am trying very hard not to do just that.

What I really wanted was to write about my experiences with Aion so far, and maybe dare to compare it a tiny bit to WoW. However, since I'm now writing one-handed - and believe me, that gets old fast - I'll have to keep it short. I'm on strict "no-hand-movement"-orders from certain people in my guild, after all. Hoping for a full hardmode-group on sunday, and I AM playing, come hell or high water. Or, as we say in this house, come infinitely arduous reincarnation-negative postmortem theory or unfavorable luna-tellus waterline situation. Alright, only my hunter/paladin/druid/everythingelse roommate says that, but I would if I could remember it.
Technically, I guess it was only once. On skype. But we were trying to remember what we originally said, and it's been forgotten so he made a new saying.

I guess this was going to be obvious: I'm in love with my Aion-cleric. She's pretty, kicks some serious ass and can also heal the pants off of anyone. She also has no ass, but that's not exactly news in your average asian mmo, I suppose. Making a chubby priest was not going to be doable - at best I ended up as a girl who'd done some serious workout but would still be able to give birth, and had not yet entered the scary world of fitness-queens. I'm also a bit sceptical about this fad involving running around in high heels, in a jungle, fighting raptors. But if we start questioning logic in these games, I suppose a few shoulder and head-pieces from WoW would show up too.

This does not mean I'm giving up WoW, tho. (Don't worry, Disco!) Healing in Aion is by all accounts a pretty straightforward business, and I rather like my five-years-with-experience-to-draw-on-for-game-mechanics game. We're still working on hardmodes, and I'm very much looking forward to the next patch, and finally getting to kill Arthas. (Whiny, emo, wannabe megalomaniac.)

Still, I can't wait to try my first instances. I have some pretty cool techniques, and the animations are gorgeous. I'm pretty much in love with my big, bulky Templar too, but there's simply no time to play him until this Cleric-phase fades a little.

Anyway, I suppose I'm lucky it wasn't my right hand acting up. I can still draw, tho operating my tablet is a bit out of the question - and changing between Sons of Anarchy-episodes and movies presents no big problem.

In future, reallife news: incoming visit from an old friend, who's from a place far, far away. They have SUNLIGHT in the winter, and darkness in the summer. It's such a strange and alien place. Who knows what customs he'll bring with him?


Edit: Oh, yeah, we totally did all the first four bosses in ToTC hardmode on the first try, with 20 tries left for Anub. We were unfortunately out of time by then, but we're getting better and hope to have him down soon.

No comments: