Wednesday, 11 November 2009

The Woes of a Tailorer

Wait, it's 11.11 already? I could swear it was October yesterday! Time flies when you have visitors/uni assignments/work/other excuses.

Anyway, what I wanted to get off my chest: I HATE TAILORING. Seriously. It's the suckiest profession ever, including Leatherworking (Which I quite like, to be honest. I have three LW'ers around, two of them on northrend-level) which we all know is no walk in the park.

Enchanting, I like. Yes, it's a bit iffy to level at points, but really, everything non-gathery IS that, and that's fine. Everyone needs enchants, and getting to 450 isn't that hard. I hit that AGES ago. (We're currently disregarding the fact that my guild at the time, Heavy Metal Inc, put some effort into getting me to 450 fast so I could enchant the tanks with the pretty fourty stamina on wrist-enchant) Enchanting feels useful, too. My rings glow prettily, I can disenchant my old gear, everyone needs an enchanter.

Tailoring, on the other hand. Sure, it's nice not having to pay for leg-enchant. I had no idea they were as expensive until I leveled my hordepriest as a scribe. Sure, the cloak-enchant is nice, especially as a spirit-hating absorb-addicted priest. But really. None of the gear is especially useful, excepting, of course, the recipes from raids. Nobody WANTS stuff from us, except said leg-enchants, and we can't level on those. Selling Glacial or Mysterious Bags is kinda hard at my server, and nobody buys the ilvl 200-epics we can make. Especially not after the introduction of totc (aka free lewts)

That kinda leaves...the special cloth. You know, spellweave, moonshroud, ebonweave. Which really doesn't always sell and is a drag to make when you have to farm eternals. I'm a healer! I don't HAVE dps! And no, I don't always have much gold to buy said eternals, especially not when you risk sitting on that lousy cloth for ages until another sucker comes along, having to level the last 5-10 points to hit 450.

As you might suspect, I had to do that recently. Some "lucky" runs landed me with three tailoring-recipes, two of whom was very interesting for some of the guildies, so I kinda HAD to get to 450 fast.

Getting there "fast" is not cheap, nor is it fun.

At the moment it has cost me about 4000 gold leveling the last five points - this number will hopefully drop if my glacial bags actually sell. I really, really hope they do.

No comments: