Friday, 19 February 2010

What's in a Name?

So, I'm thinking about changing the name of the blog. There are reasons for this which will probably become apparent in the near future, but for now I'll just say "I need a new name" and leave it at that.

Well, almost. See, my imagination is kind of...lacking. I've been told this is extremely silly, cause when you mention your hobby is art, people expect you to be all imaginative.* And I can be, by all means, but unless I'm naming a dog, I suck at names.**

So I've been through a lot of suggestions by now - Guardian Ditz*** is an old favorite cause, well, it's a fun name. However, I'm not going to be all about priests, and especially not holy at that. My priests**** are disc, after all! (I might have reserved the name, tho, just because it is awfully cute.)

Aymsorb is pretty fun too - a nickname an old guildie threw at me. And it's not just about priests, as druids and pallies also have the ability to absorb stuff - and I'm pretty much known as Aymee on the web, so it's not entirely restricted to that char of mine called that. However, it's pretty short, and calling your blog simply "Aymsorb" sounds...silly. This opinion of mine has been somewhat reaffirmed by four friends all going "....don't you have any other things you can call it?" when I presented this option to them.

After that, I moved on to first looking everywhere in hope of sudden inspiration, and then starting to consider silly renaming of movies, along the lines of "For a Few Healers More" and "A Fistful of Heals".
I rather like the last one, if I'm to be honest, but I wonder if it might not be a bit too descriptive. Half of my blog is (supposed to be) art, after all, not to mention my love for my feral-druid tends to pop up a lot. (It's being suggested to me that "For a Few Alts More" would maybe fit better, but I leave that name for Toes. Besides, "alts" is a bit too short for the name to be awesome enough.)

At this point, I'm liable to just start picking random words I like. "The Peregrinations of Aymee", for example. Or something involving the word "efficacious", simply because it's awesome.

*I just DRAW stuff. If you want people with imagination, go find a writer.
**This is the result of raising your daughter in a forest miles away from people, with fourty or so dogs. We'll be masters of snow and dog-naming, and possibly not much else.
***Not even my idea. Toes came up with it for me.
****Yes, "priests". Plural. Go away, I'm allowed.

2 comments:

Disco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Disco said...

Ayms Tames Claims that Dames Maims Games.

RELEASE SPIRIT 2: RELEASE HARDER

or maybe a serious one: Released Priest. because you're not just a priest and stuff. im not sure i like it because something to do with you being ayms in there would be cool. but i'm spent.